Monday, June 13, 2011

Little Rad Bag Re-do

A while back I was at the local Goodwill with my coworker and found these odd little canvas bags. They were labeled as mail bags (still need to Google this to see if I can find more) and they were 4 for $1 so I bought 16, hoping I could find something cool to do with them. Now, I wish I would have purchased more! I bought a couple of sweet stencil books off Amazon over the holidays and have been itching to use them more. Turns out, these bags are perfect for the stencils! The bags came inside out, so I taped a stencil on and used spray paint. The paint bleeds through, creating a cool "weathered" effect once you turn them right side out. They have a string that cinches them closed so I figure I'll use them for gift bags or whatnot.
Before: Odd little canvas bags from the GW

During: stencil & spray paint

After: This bag is for my cousin's wedding gift
Another after. Sorry, I forgot the before & during, but I can imagine you get the point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home